Horrible news this morning -- pioneering house DJ Josh Ezelle died last night in a motorcycle crash in Thailand. He was 42.
Ezelle, aka DJ Josh, was the first DJ many young clubbers heard in the late '80s, and the list of venues and crews he supported or helped launch is a veritable what's what of the SF scene, right up to the present. Wicked, the Gathering, Funky Techno Tribe, Sunset ...
Ever-roving, he organized the groundbreaking 2000 ACA World Sound Festival in Acapulco. He moved to Thailand in 2001, and had recently located to Phuket, becoming a popular resort DJ there and witnessing the birth of his son.
A true example of bringing the underground SF spirit to the world, he'll be mightily missed.
- KkZEYRkwUGbNLpslYRs - August 20, 2014
- EaugPtWoeB - August 20, 2014
- Making waves - August 20, 2014
- ngoDmucmUfYmO - August 20, 2014
- WUKYjECxOvn - August 20, 2014
- QwEbjlprMnF - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- tchSeGqFAXTrehXa - August 20, 2014
- UcnvZJbQKqsV - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014