Washed Out's Ernest Greene on stepping out from behind the computer
The first half of 2014 will see Washed Out touring nearly non-stop, including an appearance at Coachella. He's ready for it. He's energized by Paracosm, with its warm, lush instrumentation, its constructed sense of escapism — the album's title itself refers to the concept of a fantasy world. That correlates heavily with the newer record's vibrant visual art, he says, as opposed to the stark white design of 2011's Within & Without.
"This newer stuff is a lot more vibrant-feeling, so the colors seem to suit it well," he says. "It's all about the music. That will lead the way most of the time."
Jan 28-29, 8pm $25
1805 Geary, SF
Most Commented On
- Lou Reed's not so perfect day - April 19, 2014
- I NEED MY EX GIRLFRIEND BACK - April 19, 2014
- the spell caster that help bring my ex back - April 19, 2014
- HOW TO GET YOUR EX BACK TO YOU - April 19, 2014
- Mid-Market landlord appeals as tenants face holiday evictions - April 19, 2014
- THANKS TO GREAT DR AISABU FOR SOLVING MY PROBLEMS HIS EMAIL IS ( - April 19, 2014
- hello - April 19, 2014
- buIUXMlKUDOSqePs - April 19, 2014
- That is what the city is saying - April 19, 2014
- RVrsDuHfgsqZCDWBmxZ - April 19, 2014